A moonshot Marshot open source conference
Open Camps is a mission-driven collection of open source technology conferences & events.
Open Camps will be one of the largest open source conferences in the world, as we host 6,000+ developers at 25+ conferences & events, featuring hundreds of sessions on dozens of technologies.
We've been able to bring Open Camps together as a result of a broad & bold collaboration between the United Nations Open Source Innovation Initiative (Unite Open Source) and multiple open source communities. We're grateful for the the support of the United Nations, the generosity of our partners, and the volunteer teams that make Open Camps possible.
Helping improve tomorrow
Our mission-driven focus also incorporates several meaningful initiatives that aim to foster youth & tech, women in tech, and coding for a cause.
We are focused on supporting open source innovation, adoption and contribution. We are also committed 'permissionless innovation, and ensuring there are no barriers between the best developers & presenters -- regardless of age, race, gender or creed.
Food will be available at all Open Camps events
Food an light snacks will be served during all Open Camps conferences and events.
This will generally include fruit and pastries in the morning and during session breaks, and a light lunch or dinner of sandwiches or salad along with snacks (fruit, cookies, chips, etc.). Beverages are available at all times, including water and coffee/tee, as well as juice and sodas during lunch/dinner. breaks
Food will be available for participants at all hackathons ond contribution sprints.
If you have questions or want to get involved, please contact the Open Camps organizing team at .
Alternatively, we can also be reached by phone at +1-212-203-8052.
Our mailing address is: Open Camps, 119 West 72nd St., Unit 210, New York, NY, USA, 10023
Discounts are available at many nearby options
Excellent affordable options in NYC are often available on Airbnb and Booking.com.
We've worked to coordinate the discounted rates at nearby lodging that are outlined below.
When booking please mention "Open Camps" as the discount code or conference, and try too book soon a rates/discounts are likely only available until Jun 16.
- Marriott East Side (+1.212.755.4000) has offered a rate of $199 for double rooms , which can be booked with the code "Open Camps" or preferrably booked online at with this custom Marriott page
- Pod 39 Hotel (+1.212.865.5700) has offered the following rates:
- Double Pod rooms at $145/night
- Queen Pod rooms at $155/night (one queen size bed, accommodates up to two people)
- Mini Bunk Bed Pod rooms at at $135 (two twin size level beds, accommodates two people)
- Bunk Bed Pod rooms at $155 (two twin size level beds, accommodates two people)
- Vanderbilt YMCA (+1212.912.2506) has offered the following rates:
- $96/night for bunk room for 2
- $85/night for single room
- Hampton Inn Manhattan/United Nations is also a good nearby option. We are still seeking a discounted reate form them and will update if/once that's available.
- Hilton Manhattan East is also nearby and often has good rates. We're still seeking a discounted rate form them and will update if/once that's available.
The ONE UN New York is the closest hotel to the venue and located directly accross from the UN. We were unable to secure a discounted rate that ONE UN New York hotel where rates are currently start at $212/night.